Pacific Primary, a progressive nonprofit preschool has an opening for a Teacher in the 4 to 5 year old classroom. Founded in 1974, our model school offers a full day, year round program in a loving, dynamic, and creative environment. Our mission includes a strong commitment to diversity and to emotional intelligence. Please visit our website at www.pacificprimary.org for more information about our program.
Each Teacher is responsible for the daily operation of a nurturing and developmentally appropriate program for 16-22 children along with one other Teacher and a Lead Teacher. Teachers plan and implement curriculum with the active participation of other staff members. The Teacher is also responsible for maintaining good communication and relationships with parents and all staff members.
- 24 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units
- BA or MA in ECE (preferred) or related field
- At least five years of experience
- Must hold or be eligible for a minimum of Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum, Documentation, Reflective Practice and Anti-bias Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience communicating with parents and ability to collaborate with staff
- Great problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic team player and able to work with diverse groups
Compensation and Benefits
Our teachers are our most important resource and we offer a competitive salary, ranging from $58,000 – $65,000 annually (dependent on experience and qualifications). In addition, we offer excellent benefits and a supportive work environment. Our generous benefits package includes ample paid time off and health/dental insurance. After one year, employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan.
How to Apply
Pacific Primary is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered, please email your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role to [email protected]. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Please do not call the school.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com